Friday, November 20, 2009

PARTYGRRRLS, INC

Last month, we blogged about PartyGirls, Inc. with JD Samson.


Look at these fucking badasses!


On November 14th, 2009 the monthly PartyGirls was back at Señor Fish for Riot Grrrl Night. It was a night of 90s and Riot Grrrl awesomeness. Unfortunately, we got there too late for the bands, as we were at the Tribal Café. But we were there for the dancing and DJs.


DJ bringing it back to the 90s



Having fun!



Michaelvincent is soooo 90s


Our friend Michaelvincent always knows how to put on a good party! I don't know how long I've been waiting for a Riot Grrrl club night! Unfortunately, there didn't seem to be many other fellow Riot Grrrls, but whatever, I still danced my ass off to all the Bikini Kill tracks, and I think the funniest part of the night was when a mid-90's triple header came on: Veruca Salt's "Seether", Republica's "Ready to Go", and Lush's "Ladykillers", all in a row! I swear my adolescence was never THIS amusing! What made "Seether" even funnier was the fact that a girl came up between me and Amy , grabbed us, and started grinding us in a bizarre dance sandwich! LOL I had a chuckle when they played Suede's 1999 single "Can't Get Enough" (argh I hate how they had to be called The London Suede here in the US), and I was really delighted to hear Chromeo. Fun, eclectic, and I have a question for those kids who apparently requested electro: You're at a Riot Grrrl night, what did you really expect to hear?

Unlike a lot of other clubs, they even have affordable GOOD food: they serve tacos in the outside patio for $1.50, they're freshly made and it's the REAL shit... and yes, they have chorizo, al pastor, and lengua! To me, a place is for real if they have more than just chicken and carne asada. The only criticism I have is that there doesn't seem to be anything veggie friendly at the moment.

It's on every second Saturday night of the month, so do yourself a favor and check it out:
Facebook: PartyGirls, Inc

No comments:

Post a Comment